Monday, April 17, 2017

Will of Francis Blake, Seaman on board his Majesty's Ship Seahorse - The National Archives, PROB 11/795, probated 1 Jul 1752

The testator is Francis Blake, Seaman, belonging to his Majesty’s Ship Seahorse with the commander being the honourable Samuel Barrington. He mentions his friend William Duke and likely he has instructions on to whom he is to give the money that belonged to Francis Blake.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 17 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/795
Name of testator: Francis Blake, Seaman
Place: on board His Majaesty’s Ship Seahorse
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 1 Jun 1752, probated 1 Jul 1752

[In margin]: Francis Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Francis Blake Seaman belonging to his Majesty’s Ship Seahorse the
3    honourable Samuel Barrington Commander being weak in body but
4    of sound and disposing mind and memory and considering the dangers
5    of the Seas and uncertainties of this Transitory Life do (for avoiding
6    controversies after my decease) make publish and declare this my last
q    Will and Testament in manner following that is to say First I recommend
8    my Soul to God that gave it and my Body to the Earth or Sea as it shall
9    please God to order and as for all my Worldly Estate I give bequeath
10    and dispose thereof as followeth that is to say after all my lawfull
11    debts and Funeral Expences is paid and discharged All and singular
12    my Wages Sum and Sums of Money Lands Tenements Goods Chattels
13    and Estate whatsoever as shall be any ways due owing or belonging
11    unto me at the time of my decease I give devise and bequeath
15    the same unto my trusty Friend Wm Duke his heirs and Assigns
16    And I do hereby nominate and appoint the said Wm Duke Sole
17    Executor of this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking all
18    former and other Wills Testaments and deeds of Gift by me at any
19    time heretofore made And I do ordain and ratify these presents to
20    stand and be for my only last Will and Testament In Witness
21    whereof to this my said Will I have set my hand and Seal the
22    first day of June and in the twenty fifth Year of the Reign of our
23    Sovereign Lord King George the Second over Great Britain France
24    and Ireland King defender of the Faith and soforth and in the year
25    of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and fifty two The Mark of
26    Fras Blake Signed Sealed and published in the presence of us Will
27    Cheetham Jacob Wickhom
28    This Will was proved at London before the Right honourable
29    Sir George Lee Knight doctor of Laws Master keeper or commissary
30    of the prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted the
31    first day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand seven
32    hundred and fifty two by the oath of William Duke the Sole
33    Executor named in the said Will To whom administration was
34    granted of all and singular the Goods Chattels and Credits of the
35    deceased being first Sworn by Commission duly to administer

No comments: