Friday, April 14, 2017

Will of David Blake, Mariner, on board the Ship Southampton - The National Archives PROB 11/490, probated 27 Dec 1706

The testator, David Blake is a Mariner on board the Ship Southampton. His son is named James Blake and he is named Executor.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 13 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/490
Name of testator: David Blake, Mariner
Place: on board the Ship Southampton
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 1 Jun 1705, probated 27 Dec 1706

[In margin] Tm: Davidis Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I David Blake belonging to her Majesty’s Ship Southampton
3    Mariner being in good health of body and of sound and perfect
4    mind and memory But considering the perils and dangers of
5    the Seas and the uncertainty of this transitory life doe make
6    publish and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner
q    following That is to say Imprimis I recommend my Soule into
8    the hand of God that gave And my Body I commit to the
9    Earth or Seas as it shall please God to order And touching
10    and concerning such worldly Estate as it shall please God to
11    bestowe upon me at the time of my decease I give devise and
12    dispose thereof in manner following That is to say All and
13    singular such wages pay Bounty money prize money that now
14    is or hereafter shall be due and payable to me for my Service
15    onboard of the said Ship Southampton or any other Ship or
16    Ships whatsoever And alsoe all other my Estate whatsoever
17    or wheresoever that shall belong to me at the time of my
18    decease I give devise and bequeath unto my well beloved Son
19    James Blake whome I constitute make and ordaine my
20    sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament And I doe
21    hereby revoke disannul all and every other former Wills and
22    Testaments by me heretofore made Ratifying and confirming
23    this and noe other to be my last Will and Testament In
24    Witness whereof I have hereunto sett my hand and Seale
25    this first day of June Anno domini One thousand Seaven
26    hundred and five David Blake Signed Sealed published
27    and declared by the Testator as and for his last Will and
28    Testament in the presence of Geor: Briant Daniel Sutton
29    William Newton
30    Probatum fuit humoi Testamentum apud London
31    coram venti viro Johannie Exton Legum doctore Surrogato
32    Ventis et Egregij viri domini Richardi Raines Militis
33    Legum etiam doctoris Curia Prerogative Cantuar Magri
34    Custodis sive Commissarii legitimo constitute decimo Septimo
35    die mensis decembris Anno domini Millesimo Septingesimo
36    Sexto Juramento Jacobi Blake Filij duti defuncti et Executoris
37    in dicto Testamento nominat Cui commissa fuit Administrato
38    omnium et singulorum bonorum jurium et creditorum dicti
39    defuncti de bene et fideliter administrando eadem ad
40    Sancta dei Evangelia Jurat

No comments: