Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Wills for the Blake family

I will once again return to blogging the will of the Blake family completing the last two that I have from the Gloucestershire Record Office:

William Blake 1804 Dursley
William Blake 1820 Prestbury

It is nearly two years since I left my wills project and a year and a half since I looked at my census project. I intend to return to both and will be blogging the wills on my blog commencing the beginning of January. Whether or not I will publish the legacy charts that I produce from the census and parish records remains ambivalent in my mind.

To date no one in the Cornwall Blake family which traces back to the 1500s in the parish registers has tested their yDNA and has joined the Blake yDNA project. The presence of a Blake from Breton in Cornwall prior to the beginning of the parish registers is very interesting but it is not my family so I hesitate to make statments with regard to the ancestry of the Blake family there without DNA evidence. I will however produce the charts for the study and when I retire they will be archived with the Guild of one name studies.

I will be publishing the Blake Newsletter, Volume 6 Issue 1 in early January (possibly the first as usual).

No comments: