Friday, November 28, 2014

Another 1200 plus entries to the Probate Index and more to come

I submitted another 1200 plus entries to the Probate Index with another 250 thus far. I will finish with this next block of wills. There are about 35 wills left to index which brings me up to date.

I rather think that I will continue with working on family trees for these Blake families for whom I have so much probate material along with online Parish Records and Census. I think that is the greatest value to my Blake study.

I also want to get back to working on the trees for the Pincombe family to see if I can verify all of that information collected by the early Pincombe study at the Guild. The frustration of the yDNA results will just have to sit in the background for a while until I have enough testers in the Pincombe families to really triangulate the results. There are two different haplogroups in the Pinkham family thus far.

Now that I have been away from my dedicated work on the Blake family these past couple of years I am looking at it with a slightly different perspective. This also results from the formation of The Surname Society where I have a number of my 3x great grandparent lines entered as research studies. All of these lines interest me and I do not do world wide studies on The Surname Society. One can do either; which ever suits your purpose in genealogy.

So I am back to thinking of working on wills four of the seven days in a week for three week intervals and then the end of the month I will work on Tree Reconstruction (as well as on each Saturday). Monday is research on my 4x great grandparents and Wednesday is research on my grandchildren's 4x great grandparents.

No comments: