Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Will of Jone Blake, widow, Cow Honeybourne, Gloucestershire - Diocese of Bristol Wills on Ancestry, probated 30 Apr 1689

Jone Blake, widow, is the testatrix. Cow Honeybourne is now part of  Honeybourne. Long Marston is 5 miles away as is Mickleton.

Other than the fact that the surname of Jone is Blake there is no other mention of Blake in her will.

Will of Joan Blake, widow, 1689, Will number 89 at Cow Honeybourne, Consistory Court of Gloucester, GDR/Wills/1689(89).
Ancestry.com. Gloucestershire, England, Wills and Inventories, 1541-1858 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
Original data: Gloucestershire Probate Records. Diocese of Gloucestershire, Finding Reference GDR, Wills and Inventories. Gloucestershire Archives, Gloucester, UK.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 25 Jul 2014
Source: Ancestry – Diocese of Bristol Wills
Testator:  Joan Blake
Place: Cow Honeybourne, Gloucestershire, England
Type of Record: Probate
Date of document: 2 Feb 1687; probated 30 Apr 1689
Condition: 17th century English, legible copy

[Wrapper]: Testum Joanne Blake dess pbat 30 April 1689 Reg C 89

1    I Jone Blake of Cowhoniborne in the County of Glocester Widow this second day of February Anno dom[ini] 1687
2    doe make and ordaine this my Last Will and Testament in manner and form following Whereas John
3    Rawlins was by a former Agreend to pay one hundred pounds three yeares after my decease
4    to whom I should appoint it, I will dispose and Appoint it as followeth Imprimis I Give
5    and bequeath unto my Cosen William Trapp or to his Surviveing Children Ten pounds
6    Item, I Give and bequeath unto my Cosen John Byland or to his Surviveing Children Ten pounds
7    Item, I Give and bequeath unto my Cosen Joseph Smyth Ten pounds Item I give and bequeath
8    unto my Cosen Rachell Hands or to her Surviveing Children Ten pounds All which Summs
9    above named are to be paid three years after my decease Item, I Give and bequeath unto my
10    Cosen Joanne Rawlins forty pounds to be paid at twenty and one yeares of Age or at her
11    day of Marriage Item, I Give and bequeath unto my Cosen John Rawlins, two yonger
12    daughters Elizabeth and Sarah five pounds a piece to be paid at Twenty and one yeares of Age
13    or at the day of their Marriages Item, I Give and bequeath unto my Cosen John Rawlins
14    Ten pounds And further, out of my personal Estate I appoint as followeth
15    Item, I Give unto my Cosen John Merrell twenty Shillings I Likewise appoint unto
16    Mr Ward ten shillings Item I Give and bequeath unto my Cosen Joanna Rawlins Ten
17    pounds to be paid to her at the Age of Twenty four years Item I Give and Bequeath
18    unto my Cosen Joseph Smyth Ten pounds more to be paid to him at twenty four years of
19    age Item I doe appoint unto my Cosen Joanna Rawlins, All my Goods in my new Lodgeing
20    Chamber Excepting one press and one Bedstead, And if in Case, Joanna should decease
21    before the forty pounds first above mentioned appointed to her be due then my Will is that
22    it should be equally divided between my Cosen Joseph Smyth and my Cosen John Rawlins two
23    daughters that is the one halfe to Johann Smyth and the other halfe equally between the other two Elizabeth and Sarah And further if Joseph Smyth should decease before the first above mentioned
24    Summ of Ten pounds given to him be due then to be paid to his father And I do nominate
25    and appoint my Cosen John Rawlins to be sole Executor of this my Last Will and Testament
26    revokeing all other Wills and Testaments by me heretofore made In witness whereof
27    I have hereunto sett my hand and Seal the day and year abovewritten
28    the mark of Jone Blake
29    jone bl
30    Sealed and delivered
31    in the p[re]sence of
32    Thomas Peter
33    Katherine Harris
    [Page 2]
34    30 Aprilis 1689
35    Jurat fuit Ex[ecu]tori in h[uiusm]o[d]i Test[ament]um noiat
36    de bene pinp_end idm Test[ament]um
37    ac ad ex__end ___lin cor me
38    Henricum Kirkham
39    Vicarium de Mickelton
40    Probatum erat h[uiusm]o[d]i t[estamentu]m apud Glouc[este]r
41    30 die mensis Aprilis A[nn]o d[omi]ni 1689 Coram
42    vente viro Richo: Parsons Legu[m] d[o]c[t]ore[m]
43    Rindi in xpo mas ac dni dni Roberti
44    p[ri]mie dna Glouc Epi Vicar in sp[irt]ualibus
45    gen[era]li etc p Johem Rawlins Ex[ecu]tori etc Cui etc
46    primitus de bene etc ac de pleno etc insin[uatum]
47    de vero etc Coram discreto viro Henro Kirkham
48    Clico etc Jurat[o] (Salvo jure cujuscu[m]q[u]e)

No comments: