Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Will of William Blake, Baker and Factor, Stratford, Westham, Essex - The National Archives PROB 11/1806/179, probated 20 Oct 1832

William Blake, Baker and Factor, Stratford, Westham, Essex is the testator and, unfortunately, he does not quite make it to the 1841 census. There is a death for Sarah Blake September quarter 1842 at West Ham.

William names his children as Sarah, Mary Ann and John Morris Blake. Was unable to discover more on this family at this time.

The last of the Essex Wills for the moment.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 10 Apr 2014
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1806/179
Testator: William Blake, Baker and Factor
Place: Stratford, Westham, Essex, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 18 Sep 1832, probated 20 Oct 1832
Condition: 10th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: William
[Margin]: Blake
[Margin]: 11

1    This is the last Will and Testament of me William
2    Blake of Stratford in the Parish of Westham in the County of Essex Baker and
3    Factor First I direct all my just debts and Funeral and Testamentary expences to be
4    paid with all convenient speed after my decease I give and bequeath unto my Wife
5    Sarah Blake all my household Furniture plate Linen and China in and about my
6    dwellinghouse at Stratford aforesaid for her own absolute use and benefit I give
7    devise and bequeath unto Robert Martlin of Stratford aforesaid Victualler all my
8    Freehold Leasehold Copyhold and personal Estate and Effects whatsoever and wheresoever
9    situate and of what nature or description soever the same may be To hold to him and
10    his heirs Upon Trust to pay to my said Wife the yearly rents issues and profits of the
11    same Premises respectively for and during the term of her natural life by half
12    yearly payments or as and when the same shall respectively become due and
13    payable provided my said Wife shall so long remain and continue my Widow
14    And I do hereby direct the said Robert Martlin to sell and dispose of the Good Will
15    and Business of a Baker and Factor as carried on by me at Stratford aforesaid
16    as soon as conveniently can be after my decease either by public or private Sale
17    and the proceeds thereof after deducting all necessary expences thereout to place
18    out at Interest on Mortgage or in the Funds and also to collect get in and receive
19    all debts due and owing to me at the time of my decease and place out the same
20    at Interest as aforesaid and do and shall pay and apply the Interest and
21    dividends of the produce of such Sale and of such debts unto my said Wife during
22    her life as aforesaid provided she shall so long remain my Widow as aforesaid
23    And I do hereby declare my Will to be that my said Wife shall maintain educate
24    and bring up all and every my said Children until they shall respectively attain
25    the age of twenty one years or shall respectively marry And I do hereby direct the
26    said Robert Martin his executors administrators and assigns to pay and apply to
27    each of my Children as they shall respectively attain the age of twenty one years
28    out of my Personal Estate the sum of one hundred pounds Sterling money to and
29    for their his and her own respective use and from and immediately after the decease
30    of my said Wife or day of Marriage whichever shall first happen I give devise
31    and bequeath unto my daughter Sarah Blake all those my two Freehold houses
32    with the Appurtenances situate at Stratford aforesaid being Nos 1 and 2 in Water Works
33    Row To hold the same to the said Sarah Blake and her heirs for ever And from and
34    immediately after the decease of my said Wife as aforesaid or day of marriage I
35    do give devise and bequeath unto my daughter Mary Ann Blake all those my two
36    freehold houses at Stratford aforesaid being Nos 20 and 21 in Water Works Row To
37    hold the same unto the said Mary Ann Blake and her heirs And from and
38    immediately after the decease of my said Wife or day of Marriage as aforesaid
39    I do give devise and bequeath unto my Son John Morris Blake all those my two
40    freehold houses at Stratford aforesaid being Nos 9 and 10 in Turnpike Row To hold
41    the same unto the said John Morris Blake and his heirs and from and immediately
42    after the decease of my said Wife or day of Marriage I give and bequeath
43    unto and equally all and every my said Children all and every my personal Estate
44    (except the household Furniture) for their own respective absolute use and benefit
45    and it is my Will that the devises and bequests to my aforesaid Children shall be
46    secured and taken to be vested Interests in them respectively at their respective ages
47    of twenty one years and in case of the decease of any or either of them under that
48    age the part of share of such Child or Children shall go to and be divided equally
49    among the survivors of them And I do hereby nominate and appoint the said
50    Robert Martlin Executor of this my Will and do declare that it shall be lawful
51    for him to reimburse himself all costs charges and expences which he may be put
52    unto in the execution of the Trusts of this my Will In Witness whereof I the said
53    William Blake the Testator have to this my last Will and Testament set my
54    hand and seal this eighteenth day of September 1832 William Blake
55    Signed sealed published and declared by the said William Blake the Testator as
56    and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence at
57    his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names
58    as Witnesses the same having been first fully explained to him R G A
60    Hilleary Sol[icito]r Stratford Essex Jno Otway Stratford John Andrew Wallace
61    surgeon 8 Harley Place Bow Midd[lese]x
62    Proved at London 20th October 1832 before the Worshipful Jesse Addams
63    doctor of Laws and Surrogate by the Oath of Robert Martlin the sole Executor to
64    whom Admon was granted having been first sworn duly to administer.

No comments: