Thursday, April 17, 2014

Will of Ann Blake, Spinster, Cheescombe, Gloucestershire - The National Archives PROB 11/1832/171, probated 5 Jun 1834

Cheescombe appears to be the name of the estate where the Townsend family lives. The testator is Ann Blake who works for the Townsend family at Cheescombe. A marriage settlement at the National Archives Names Alexander Townsend of Cheescombe parish Minchimhampton esquire and Mary Clayfield of Bristol as the two people intended to marry.

Not enough information to determine any Blake family lines here.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 10 Apr 2014
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1832/171
Testator: Ann otherwise Anne Blake, Spinster
Place: Cheescombe, Gloucestershire, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 18 Sep 1832, probated 5 Jun 1834
Condition: 19th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: Ann otherwise Anne
[Margin]: Blake
[Margin]: 5

1    This is the last Will and Testament of
2    Ann Blake of Cheescombe in the County of Gloucester Spinster I give and
3    bequeath unto my Nephew William Lusty the sum of Ten pounds Also to my
4    Nephew Joseph Lusty the sum of Ten pounds I also give unto my Nephew
5    George Lusty the sum of Five pounds to my half Brother Joseph Blake I give
6    and bequeath the sum of Five pounds Also to my Great Neice Mary Ann
7    daughter of my late Nephew Benjamin Lusty I give the sum of Five pounds
8    I give unto Ann Browning daughter of Thomas Cave of Stanley in the
9    County of Gloucester the sum of Five pounds Also to Richard Nuote Gardener to
10    A Townsend Esq[uie]r the sum of Five pounds I direct that all the above required
11    Legacies be paid within six months after my decease Also all the rest Residue
12    and Remainder of my Goods Chattels Monies and securities for money Clothes
13    Estates or Effects whatsoever and wheresoever not hereinbefore given or disposed
14    of subject nevertheless to the payment of my just debts Legacies and Funeral
15    expences I hereby give and bequeath the same and every part thereof unto
16    Elizabeth Neeuis my dear Friend and fellow Servant and I appoint the said
17    Elizabeth Neeuis sole Executrix of this Will revoking all former Wills and
18    declaring this writing to be my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof
19    I have hereunto set my hand and Seal the thirtieth day of April in the year
20    of our Lord one thousand Eight hundred and thirty four Ann Blake
21    Signed Sealed and published by the said Ann Blake as her Will in the
22    presence of us who at her request in her presence and in the presence of each other
23    have hereunto set our hand as witness Ann Coffin Sarah Hookway
24    This is a Codicil to my Will of the Legacy of Ten
25    pounds left me by my late Mistress Mrs Townsend I leave to John Hodge the sum
26    of Five pounds Also to Joseph Blake my Brother I leave the other remaining five
27    pounds to be paid him in the sum of two shillings per week as he shall require
28    it by my Executrix Elizabeth Neeuis and at her discretion I also leave my watch to
29    the wife of my Nephew Joseph Lusty Anne Blake Mark Witnessed by us
30    Louisa Godde Clayfield X Sarah Chambers marke  May 8 1834
31    Proved at London with a Codicil 5th Jun 1834 before a Judge by the Oath
32    of Elizabeth Neeuis Spinster the sole Executrix to whom was granted having been
33    first sworn by Com[missi]on duly to administer

No comments: