Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Will of Mary Blake, Spinster, Walcot, Somerset - The National Archives PROB 11/1791b/122, probated 10 Nov 1831

Checking the records at Bath/Walcot for this Blake family did not let me associate the testatrix Mary Blake with either of the George Blake families there.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 22 Oct 2013
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/1791b/122
Testator: Mary Blake, Spinster
Place: Walcot, Somerset, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 2 Feb 1831, probated 10 Nov 1831
Condition: 19th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: Mary
[Margin]: Blake
[Margin]: 4

1    This is the last Will and Testament
2    of me Mary Blake of the Parish of Walcot in the County of Somerset
3    Spinster First I direct all my just debts funeral and testamentary expences to be
4    satisfied I give my Miniature Paintings of two of Mr Leslie’s family to Mrs Eleanor
5    Leslie I give to my dear Sister Mabel Bayles Wife of Mr Charles Bayles the
6    sum of Thirty pounds I give to my Niece Eleanor Davidson who is now residing
7    with me the sum of One hundred pounds and to her Sister Elizabeth Reed Wife
8    of Mr George Reed the sum of Fifty pounds for her own use independent of
9    her husband and of his debts and control I give to my Nephew Thomas
10    Davidson the sum of Seventy pounds and to my Nephew Henry Davidson (the
11    brother of the said Thomas Davidson) the sum of Fifty pounds All the above
12    Legacies I direct to be paid within six Calendar Months next after my decease
13    and I give all my household Goods and Furniture watch Books and all the
14    Residue of my estate and effects whatsoever and wheresoever and of what nature
15    or kind soever unto my said Niece Eleanor Davidson for her own use and benefit
16    And I appoint the said Eleanor Davidson sole Executrix of this my Will hereby
17    revoking all former Wills by me heretofore made In Witness whereof I have here
18    unto set my hand and seal this second day of February in the Year of Our Lord
19    One thousand eight hundred and thirty one Mary Blake Signed sealed
20    Published and declared by the said Mary Blake the Testatrix as and for her last Will
21    and Testament in the presence of us who in her presence at her request and in the
22    presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses W B
23    Lidiard 3 Wood Street Green Square Bath Thomas Smith Albion Place Bath
24    Proved at London 10th November 1831 before the Judge by the Oath of
25    Eleanor Davison (in the Will written Davidson) Spinster the Niece the sole Executrix to whom Admon was
26    granted having been first Sworn by Commission duly to administer.

No comments: