Saturday, May 12, 2012

Will of Arthur Blake, Writing Clerk of Briton Street Canal Walk, Southampton, Hampshire, National Archives PROB 11/1945, Image Reference 125/110, probated 7 May 1841

This is likely the Arthur Blake who died June quarter of 1838 at Southampton from Free BMD.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 11 May 2012
Source:  The National Archives PROB 11/1945, Image Reference 125/110  (images by me)
Name of testator: Arthur Blake, Writing Clerk of Briton Street Canal Walk Southampton, Hampshire
Place: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Type of Record: Will
Dated:  25 Apr 1838, probated 7 May 1841
Read: Electronic file
Condition: 19th century, bold lettering
[In margin] Arthur Blake 4

1    This is the last Will and Testament
2    of me Arthur Blake Writing Clerk now residing with George
3    Mitchell of Briton Street Canal Walk in the Town and County of
4    Southampton Tailor was and published this twenty fifth day of
5    April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty
6    eight First I will that all my just debts and funeral expences shall be
7    fully paid and satisfied I release Joseph Buelman of Portsmouth
8    from all interest monies which may be due from him to me at the
9    time of my decease all the Rest Residue and Remainder of`
10    my estate and effects I give devise and bequeath unto Ann Mitchell
11    Wife of the said George Mitchell her heirs executors adm[instrato]rs and assigns
12    according to the nature of the same estate and effects whatever real or
13    personal to and for her own absolute use and benefit and I nomi=
14    nate and appoint the said George Mitchell and Ann his wife as
15    Executor and Executrix of this my will and lastly I revoke all for-
16    mer Wills and declare this to be my last Will and Testament In
17    Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day
18    and year first above written. A Blake [seal] Signed sealed published
19    and declared by the testator Arthur Blake as and for his last Will
20    and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence and in
    the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as
21    witnesses Benj[ami]n Jones Clerk to Cha[rle]s __ires Sol[icito]r Southampton
22    Henry Wallis Bricklayer St Michaels Square Southampton
23    Proved at London 7th May 1841 before the Judge by the oaths
24    of George Mitchell and Ann Mitchell Wife of the said George Mitchell
25    the Executors to whom Adm[inistratio]n was granted having been first sworn
26    by Commission duly to administer.

No comments: